420 acres of Controlled traffic sugar beet.
After 25 years which 16 years spent with us and 10 of those as the main machine we say good bye to our JCB 525 67. As a young buck fresh out of college It was the first machine I bought for the farm in 1998. Sad to see it leave for its retirement job with my cousin mucking out horses.
With the raining keeping away we have started to make progress this week. Alex and Sammy are muck spreading all the oilseed rape fields and spring barley. Julian is drain jetting the underground drains after digging out the ditches.
With the sun being out all week and the rain keeping away we are in a position to start spreading chicken manure to the crops to put back organic matter and nitrogen rather than being reliant on manufactured nitrogen. Sammy is spreading and Julian is loading with the digger. The second spreader we hope arrives today to speed up the operation.
PX Farms is a Cambridgeshire based arable farming business. We have seen significant growth this year and are seeking three new members to complement our existing experienced and dedicated team. Applicants need to be highly motivated for these challenging but rewarding positions.
· Professional, practical and experienced working Farm Manager.
· Ability to deliver high standards and technical aptitude in crop, staff and machinery management.
· Solid experience of farming at scale and soil management.
· Strong knowledge of integrated precision farming and Controlled Traffic Farming (CTF).
· Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of a large scale arable enterprise.
· Appropriate experience and qualifications BASIS and FACTS, rough terrain forklift including PA1 and PA2 certificates.
Competitive remuneration package, vehicle, accommodation, pension and private health offered.
Skilled Sprayer and Combine Operator
Spraying and applying liquid fertiliser on combinable crops and sugar beet utilising a self propelled sprayer. Driving one of the two combines working within a team on Controlled Traffic Farming (CTF).
· Bateman RB 55 36 metre with Trimble RTK GPS
· Claas Lexion 600 TT 12 metre Trimble RTK GPS
Applicants must have PA1/PA2, good mechanical ability with attention to detail. Good remuneration package and accommodation available on the Estate if required.
Challenger and Arable Operator
The successful applicant will operate a variety of modern arable machinery, principally focusing on the operation of a Challenger 865Con primary cultivation and drilling utilising 6 and 12 metre equipment on Controlled Traffic Farming (CTF).
· 12 metre Horsch Joker and Sprinter drill
· 12 metre Dal-Bo Rollomaximum Cultivator
· 6 metre Subsoiler, Topdown and Combination drill.
Experience of Trimble GPS and comprehensive workshop skills are important attributes for this position. Good remuneration package and accommodation available on the Estate if required.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
To apply send your full CV by Monday 31st March 2014 to Estate Office, Scotland Farm, Dry Drayton, Cambridge CB23 8AU or email email@example.com.
Telephone 01954 210211