P.X. Farms Ltd is a professional and highly skilled agribusiness centred around the family estate and run by fourth-generation farmer James Peck.
We’re looking for a full-time, experienced agricultural engineer to join our team and take responsibility and grow the engineering side of the business. This is a new and exciting opportunity to join a well-established agribusiness driving innovation forward.
Managing Director James Peck:
“Without the P.X team, we wouldn’t be where we are today – our workforce is the core of our business. We provide high-quality accommodation to our team and plan working shifts in advance so we are able to give our families real quality of life working in an agricultural environment. This results in staff retention and stability.
We’re always investing in ways to keep our team and those working around them safe, and looking after our team’s health and well being. Recent examples include the new CCTV system on our latest lorries to ensure drivers are more aware of their environment and who is around them, and the purchase of an onsite cherry picker to reduce the need for our team to go up and down ladders.
Together we build the foundation to expand and the opportunity to provide value.”
- Inspecting new and used agricultural machinery, servicing, carrying out diagnostics and repairing with a good understanding of health and safety
- Operating across three main sites – Cambridge, Bedford, and Lincolnshire, and be based at the Cambridge site
- Responsible for the dedicated workshop, and vehicle
As well as farming, we offer crop storage, agricultural haulage, grain hospital, and laboratory services.
Take a look at our YouTube channel – here’s recent footage taken from the NFU site visit of the Scotland Farm, Cambridge so you can get a better idea of the type of kit we have laid out and the great team we have behind P.X. Farms. We have a fantastic selection of kit including Cat Challengers, Claas Lexion combines, Ropa and Grimme harvesters, Fendt tractors, and Horsch equipment.
- We offer a competitive salary based with the average overtime at £48,000, plus a housing subsidy of £6,000 on a provided three-bedroom house within walking distance of the Cambridge site
- Additional overtime available
- Laptop, van and fuel card provided
- 30 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Working hours may vary dependent on seasons and farming demands – we do shut down over the Christmas period.
To apply, send your full CV to Estate
Office at email email@example.com or telephone 01954 210211
All applicants are treated in the strictest of confidence.