Grainstore Lab & Weighbridge Operator
This position has now been filled
(Maternity Cover 10-15 Months) with the potential for a full-time opportunity.
To run the Grain Store weighbridge and laboratory. This includes:
- operation of weighbridge and related computerised record-keeping
- routine stock control and sampling (including disease testing for Hagberg, Mycotoxins, proteins and oils) of stored grain and third party samples plus reporting of results
- liaising with grain companies/customers as required for all stock movements in and out of store throughout the year
- responsible for monitoring and updating all storage and testing certification paperwork for all stores on site
- liaising with our Transport team regarding loads in and out of the Grain Hospital and planning these in
- making sure all cleanliness paperwork and records are kept up-to-date for the grain stores, Grain Hospital and lab to assist with annual audits
- assist the Grain Store Manager when needed
- cleaning of Grain Store office and drivers restroom
- no holidays to be taken from July to End of September.
- role to start end of May 2020.
Monday to Friday: 07:30am until 16:00pm apart from for the month of August which is 07:30am – 20.00pm.
You will be expected to do more hours from July – the end of September for harvest.
Ideal candidates must have:
- laboratory or agricultural experience would be an advantage but not necessary
- excellent interpersonal skills and telephone manner – being friendly, polite, and professional at all times
- good attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information
- good organisation and communication skills, as well as good IT skills
- the ability to work in a busy environment sometimes under pressure
Competitive remuneration package and training will be provided.
Please apply by providing us with a copy of your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
P.X. Farms Ltd, Estate Office, Scotland Farm, Dry Drayton, Cambridge, CB23 8AU
Tel. 01954 210211, email@example.com