P.X. Farms Ltd is a professional and highly skilled agribusiness centred around the family estate and run by fourth-generation farmer James Peck.
We’re looking for a full-time, experienced Transport Manager to drive forward expansion whilst maintaining our core haulage business standards of clean, reliable lorries. Driven by an outstanding team providing a high-quality service.
Managing Director James Peck:
“Without the P.X team, we wouldn’t be where we are today – our workforce is the core of our business. We provide high-quality accommodation to our team and plan working shifts in advance so we are able to give our families real quality of life working in an agricultural environment. This results in staff retention and stability.
We’re always investing in ways to keep our team and those working around them safe, and looking after our team’s health and well being. Recent examples include the new CCTV system on our latest lorries to ensure drivers are more aware of their environment and who is around them, and the purchase of an onsite cherry picker to reduce the need for our team to go up and down ladders.
Together we build the foundation to expand and the opportunity to provide value.”
- Working with suppliers and customers, you will oversee delivery and collection scheduling and management of our vehicle fleet, ensuring routes are effective and efficient, while the fleet is well-maintained and safe
- Managing a team of drivers and administrative staff
- Challenge existing methods whilst innovating to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Making sure the operation and contracts meet their targets
- Maintaining our core standards of service at all times
- Putting together performance reports for the Managing Director
- Managing and working with a Transport Administrator
- Arranging vehicle maintenance schedules and organising vehicle replacements for a fleet of 12 articulated lorries
- Ensuring that all operations are carried out in line with UK and EU laws and regulations. These govern vehicle safety, controls on fuel emissions, driver hours, and transportation of food and agricultural goods
- You should be familiar with relevant Industry Assurance Schemes
- Full time position for which you will be required to be flexible and work long hours if necessary during busy periods
- Remuneration will be based on qualification and experience
In this role, it is essential you bring:
- Experience in managing the performance and behaviour of others
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills to ensure staff remain energised and alert
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of staff
- Knowledge and understanding of transport regulations
- Strong organisational skills for planning
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- The ability to think logically, work flexibly and make decisions quickly
- Ability to handle and control a budget
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- Transport Manager CPC qualification required
As well as agricultural haulage, we offer farming, crop storage, grain hospital, and laboratory services.
Take a look at our YouTube channel so you can get a better idea of our operations and kit, and the great team we have behind P.X. Farms.
- We offer a competitive salary of between £30,000 to £45,000 dependent on experience
- Lovely home within walking distance of the Cambridge site
- 30 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Working hours may vary dependent on seasons and farming demands – we do shut down over the Christmas period.
To apply, send your full CV to Estate
Office at email email@example.com or telephone 01954 210211
All applicants are treated in the strictest of confidence.