PX Farms ltd is a professional and highly-skilled agribusiness dedicated to ensuring profitability for our clients and our family farm, whilst working in harmony with the countryside.
We are looking for an experienced Transport Manager to drive forward expansion whilst maintaining our core haulage business standards of clean, reliable Lorries. Driven by outstanding staff providing a high quality service.
The core business of PX Farms is agriculture and the lorry fleet replace tractors and trailers for harvest work and movements in and out of store. Farming is seasonal and therefore there are periods during the year where the lorry fleet is under pressure and good communications with both drivers and farm staff is vital.
The role of the Transport Manager is to oversee the running of the haulage sector which includes working internally for the farm, the Grainstore and for external 3rd parties such as Grain Merchants, aggregate suppliers, feed and flour mills.
PX Farms Ltd runs a smart fleet of 12 Volvo FH 500 horsepower units each with a bulk tipper trailer allocated to it. The fleet is new with full Telemetrics, all round cameras and with a load capacity of 30t. Occasional tanker work with non-hazardous fertiliser and bulk bags with a curtainsider.
Each driver is allocated their own vehicle and trailer and is expected to take ownership of it, care for it and keep it clean and tidy so they represent the company in a positive way.
Agricultural knowledge and experience will be an advantage, but not wholly necessary for candidates who would be willing to learn.
About the role
- Sourcing work, planning daily drivers schedules whilst maintaining a profitable haulage department.
- Ensuring routes are effective, efficient and within regulations.
- Managing a team of drivers including monitoring driver’s hours to ensure compliance.
- Recruiting and inducting new drivers and booking training for CPC, EPIC & TASCC.
- Arranging vehicle maintenance schedules and organising vehicle replacements for a fleet of 12 articulated lorries
- Ensuring that all operations are carried out in line with UK and EU laws and regulations.
- Understand both Domestic and EU driver’s hours and when each is to be implemented
- You should be familiar with relevant Industry Assurance Schemes, TASCC and FIAS and their requirements and records.
- Challenge existing methods whilst innovating to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Making sure the operation and contracts meets their targets
- Maintaining our core standards of service at all times
- Putting together performance reports for the Managing Director
- Managing and working with a Transport Administrator
- Full time position for which normal hours are from 07.30am to 17.30 and every other weekend on call if required. Longer hours during peak times e.g. harvest will be required. Overtime will be paid.
In this role, it is essential you bring:
- CPC qualification
- Experience of managing the performance and behaviour of others
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills to ensure staff remain energised and alert
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of staff
- Knowledge and understanding of transport regulations
- Strong organisational skills for planning
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- The ability to think logically, work flexibly and make decisions quickly
- Ability to handle and control a budget
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent geographical knowledge
Take a look at our YouTube channel so you can get a better idea of our operations and kit, and the great team we have behind P.X. Farms.
- We offer a competitive salary of between £30,000 to £45,000 dependent on experience
- Lovely home within walking distance of the Cambridge site
- 30 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Working hours may vary dependent on seasons and farming demands – we do shut down over the Christmas period.
To apply, send your full CV to Estate
Office at email email@example.com or telephone 01954 210211
All applicants are treated in the strictest of confidence.