P.X. Farms has a dedicated team of highly skilled individuals working with our clients to deliver tailored solutions based in the Estate Office at Scotland Farm, in the yards and fields, and out on the roads.
Estate Office Team
James Peck, Managing Director
The Peck Family have farmed at Scotland Farm since 1950. James developed a passion for farming at an early age growing up on the family estate. Working on the farm in school holidays solidified this passion and provided a clear outline for his path of further education. On returning to the family farm to apply these skills he identified an opportunity and established P.X. Farms in 2003 to expand his operations and take on additional land. The business has grown and diversified over the last 18 years as a result of his vision and enthusiasm. He has continued his professional development over this period.
His qualifications and achievements to date include:
- National Diploma in Farm Mechanisation – 1993 – 1996
- Higher National Diploma in Crop Management – 1996 – 1998
- Practical land based qualifications
- Farmers Weekly Young Farmer of the Year 2006
- Nuffield Scholar 2010
- Liveryman of Worshipful Company of Farmers 2012 and granted Freedom of City of London
- Worshipful Company of Farmers Advanced Course in Agricultural Business Management 2014
- RaboBank Global Farmers Masterclass 2014
- Member of Farmers Club
- Chairman of the Henman Brooks Committee at the Worshipful Company of Farmers
- Court Assistant of Worshipful Company of Farmers
James takes personal responsibility for all our farming agreements.
Melanie Robinson MAAT MIAgSA, Company Secretary
Melanie has a background in financial services from her 19 years with the Royal Bank of Scotland Group which focused on Compliance, Service Quality and Regulatory Management. A registered Licensed Accountant with the Association of Accounting Technicians and Member of The Institute of Agricultural Secretaries and Administrators, Melanie has been part of the business since 2003. She brings these skills to P.X. Farms and is responsible for:
- Farming operations record keeping
- Cross Compliance
- Management of Stewardship agreements
- Management accounts and budgeting for contract farming agreements and farm business tenancies
- Bulk purchasing of all farm inputs
- Farm Assurance Standards including Red Tractor and Target
- Management of British Sugar quota
Jennie Moran, Management Accountant
Marit completed a GNVQ in Business Studies at Long Road Sixth Form College in Cambridge, and then went on to work as an Accounts Assistant for an automotive parts company in Cambridge. After the birth of her daughter, she returned to work part time as an Accounts Assistant for a heating oil brokers.
Joining PX Farms in April 2019 as a Data Entry Assistant, Marit is working in the Finance department for Ailis processing the Haulage invoices and inputting purchase ledger invoices.
Tom Eve, Farm Assistant
Mark Stokes, Transport Manager
Veronica Zwetsloot, BSc Ag MAAT, Transport Administrator
Background in agriculture and haulage.
After graduating from Seale-Hayne College of Agriculture, Veronica started her transport career at Wincanton Chilled Distribution then moved to Banks of Sandy (now Frontier) as Assistant Transport Manager.
Following a career break when my children were little she then worked for Grant Thornton LLP in the Agricultural Accounts department where she gained her MAAT qualification.
In recent years she has been self employed in accountancy in the manufacturing industry. In March 2019, Veronica joined the P.X. team.
She works mainly part time in the Transport Office but full time when providing cover for Nick running the fleet in his absence.
- Assisting Nick with the day to day running of the haulage department
- Calculating and monitoring the main performance indicators of the fleet
- Tachograph compliance
- Vehicle defects
Lucia/Lauren, Grain Store Lab
- Testing and storage of crop in our storage facility
- Liaising with merchants, customers and haulage companies to control the intake and release of stock
- Managing the P.X. Farms Grain Hospital
David Warton, Grain Store Yard
- Managing the grain store and yard at Scotland Farm